Whenever I have spare time to sit in front of my laptop, I search for reflective stuff or tips in life. I search for ways to live happier, I search for tips to be happy, and the search list goes on.
But then, just recently, I have received a gift from a colleague from India. It was a notebook. A mirrored notebook with matching pen. It was beautiful and it was stunning. I have never seen a notebook like this in my life. As I open it, I found a touching message with a hope that I write more inspirational things this year and it made me smile. It made my heart happy knowing that there really are people who find the things I write as “Inspiring” so to say. As I close the notebook, I again saw my face in the mirror attached to it’s cover. This time I saw myself smiling much more because of those words written on the first page. Then a thought just came across my head that this would be the perfect time. The time for me to publish my idea of finding happiness. Not very long ago I realize, we don’t need to try finding our own happiness according to other people’s list. We all have unique lives. No one should be living it as a carbon copy of another life. Rather than depending on other people’s list, allow them to be an inspiration to you. You can come up with your own perfect list as you take your journey in finding your own happiness.
Yet, I have a few things that I want to share, hoping that this could inspire you to make your own pattern.
My list isn’t perfect, and I am not claiming nor pushing you to follow my list. I am just sharing with you the simplest things that makes me happy the way I am and the way my life really is.
- Feel good about yourself. I grew up seeing other people wanting to have whiter skin and now that I have stepped out of the real world, I see a different thing. Now, I see people wanting to have a darker one. I just don’t understand. I am dark and I have bigger body structure than any other ladies out there. Yes I sometimes envy sexy ones, but at the end of the day, I have to tell myself, “I look good”. It makes me feel good and pushes me to look better the next day. You have to remember that we should be looking and treating ourselves the way we wanted to be looked at and treated.
- Sing at the top of your lungs. You can sing well or not. Who cares? Singing can make you feel good even at the toughest times of your every day. At some point we could get stuck at the moment where you just couldn’t explain what it is that you are feeling. Go to an isolated room, or in your car, sing the hell out of it!
- Cry hard, but smile and laugh harder. Life can be cruel and life can be unfair. Sometimes, the things we want the most are the things we can never have no matter how much we work hard for them. Yet, don’t ever forget that life is filled with much more that what you desire especially on material things. You just have to decide for yourself whether you’ll give yourself a reason to smile and a reason to be happy. Whenever we commit mistakes, we learn from them and forget them for a while. One day when we remember that one particular mistake, we can’t help but laugh about it. Laugh and be thankful on how much you’ve learned from it.
- Dream, pray and work hard to achieve them. Dream at your sleep and dream while you are awake. Pray and have faith of the things that you aim for but work hard towards the dream transforming into nothing else but a reality.
- Stumble. Don’t be a perfectionist. Life won’t be exciting that way cause it was never meant to be perfect. PERFECTION DOES NOT EXIST. Whenever you stumble, never allow yourself to stay there. Get up, keep going and never make the same “wrong move” that made you stumble.
- Fall in love. Chances are, you’ll have your heart be broken into pieces. It will take time to heal and you’ll fall in love once again. You might fail at some point in keeping the person you love but it doesn’t end there. The happiness that is destined for you to have will come at the right time.
- Collect and cherish moments. Explore alone. Explore with family. Explore with friends. That’s just about it.
- Make friends and keep them. Treat everyone as your friend. you’ll never know how much it would mean to them. I am not into the idea of determining who your real friends are and who’s not. Just as long as you remain true to them then it’s enough.
- Forgive and move on; Apologize and move on. People make mistakes. We all make mistakes. Forget about the ego, forget about the pride. Don’t allow yourself to be stuck in the pain that it caused you. Never revenge; never make the same mistake.
- Learn. Read books. Attend seminars. Listen to audiobooks and to other people’s success stories. Allow them all to make a big impact in you.
We all have our own unique ways in finding happiness. This is mine. 🙂
My name is Cassandra, a Filipino expat living in UAE.
I'm not smart. I'm not talented. Nor am I have the potential to be a writer.
This blog site is merely a reflection of what I see in life. How I see life.
I capture magical moments in some days.
I write what I feel at some bits and pieces of life.
I write not to impress. But I write to definitely express. Nothing more, nothing less.
I write not to show the whole world that I am that smart one who always have something to say. Who has an opinion that always matter.
Frankly, I know I am just me who say what I got to say.