Social media career / job (as what others will call it) is more than just being online most of time. Nor is it about just having access to internet 24/7.
Most of the people say that now-a-days, as the online media/marketing is vastly growing, everybody or anybody who is very much active in using social media platforms can do an effective social media. That anybody can be assigned into taking control of your company’s profile. Obviously, people who are thinking this way have very less understanding on the topic, better yet on the career itself.
While the fact does remain unchangeable, it is true that anybody can do social media, but not everybody can make an effective social media practitioner himself. You see, if you are involved in a your company’s social media efforts, being online most of the time is just normal and there’s a long list of must that you have to always keep in mind and practice most of the time. You have to be creative enough in thinking what your audience want to see on your page. Below are some of the things I prefer to keep in mind every single day that I have to emerge myself with the social media world;
- Keep yourself updated and constantly educated of what’s hot and what’s new in the social media industry. (Learning does not end)
- Despite the pressure and tension especially if there are issues that are being watched after, it is fun and exciting.
- I have to be neutral in terms of understanding situation both clients / customers and the entity that you are representing
- Always be ready to take action and do follow-ups by yourself (As much as possible, never let an issue go on for days without being addressed properly)
- When posting something on a page / profile, we sometimes forget to double check for so many reasons, but as much as possible avoid MISTAKES and avoid editing errors after they have been posted. Audience can still see your edit history.
- It’s not bad to sound smart on your posts but keep in mind that people prefer to see artworks, photos, videos and anything eye-catching
- It is important to know the best times & days to post your contents
- Being in social media requires endless contents.
- Never hesitate to ask or confirm things that you need to address to your audience
- It is important to also show people that your page is not just some “generic response” kind of page, make them feel that you do understand their sentiments
So there you go, these are the few that I was able to write, although my list does not just end there. I’d be adding some things from time to time. I am not a social media guru. I’m just trying my very best to be a responsible social media practitioner that I am.
Hope this somehow helps you out.
My name is Cassandra, a Filipino expat living in UAE.
I'm not smart. I'm not talented. Nor am I have the potential to be a writer.
This blog site is merely a reflection of what I see in life. How I see life.
I capture magical moments in some days.
I write what I feel at some bits and pieces of life.
I write not to impress. But I write to definitely express. Nothing more, nothing less.
I write not to show the whole world that I am that smart one who always have something to say. Who has an opinion that always matter.
Frankly, I know I am just me who say what I got to say.